Manchester United have reportedly made Tottenham striker Harry Kane their top priority when addressing their attacking options at the end of the season.
Kane, 29, has already stamped his legacy as one of the Premier League’s greatest ever strikers, sitting third on the all-time goals list in the competition with 201. He also owns the record for the most goals ever scored for Tottenham (268) and is tied for the most goals representing England (53).
Despite his decorated personal resume, Tottenham are set for a 15th consecutive season without any silverware, and with their Champions League hopes for next campaign hanging on by a thread, they may have run out of time to prove to their star striker why he should stay.
TOP STORY – UNITED DETERMINED TO BRING KANE TO OLD TRAFFORD
According to the Manchester Evening News, Erik ten Hag has identified Kane as his primary target.
The report adds that they remain interested in Napoli’s Victor Osimhen, as well as Benfica’s Goncalo Ramos, but Kane is the top priority if they can make it happen.
With only one more season remaining on his contract, Kane will likely get his wish to leave if he decides he will certainly not sign a new deal, as the club would be risking a potential £100million sale if they hold onto him through the next transfer deadline.
But just because Tottenham may sell him does not mean he would land at Old Trafford, with Bayern Munich’s well-documented interest still prevalent.
– Calciomercato is reporting Inter are interested in bringing in towering 24-year-old Italian striker Gianluca Scamacca from West Ham after a disappointing first season in the Premier League.
– According to Mundo Deportivo, 25-year-old Tottenham striker Richarlison is a candidate to replace Karim Benzema at Real Madrid, while Calciomercato adds Juventus are also keeping a close eye on Richarlison’s availability.
– Roberto Firmino has offered his services to Barcelona as he seeks a new team for next season, per Sport.
– Football Insider is reporting Manchester United are in “pole position” to meet the £70m (€79m) asking price to sign 25-year-old Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong, despite his repeated comments that he has no interest in leaving Spain.
– Journalist Rudy Galetti claims Chelsea are interested in a pair of 28-year-old centre backs – Aymeric Laporte of Manchester City and Atletico Madrid’s Jose Gimenez.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings